Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Éirinn go Brách

Okay. So I'm super proud of my Irish heritage. If I could travel anywhere in the world, I'd go to the Emerald Isle and never leave ever again. So I try and do something each year to observe St. Patrick's Day in at least some small way or another. Last year I was working at a TGI Friday's when it came about, and I forced my cheer and blarney down all of my coworkers throats, haha. This year I'll probably have to work the night in the bar/grill to make some extra money, but that won't stop me from celebrating, at least during the day.

Here are a few bands/songs, movies, and recipes to make your St. Patty's a little bit greener. I'll probably include all of them in my own festivities, invite a few friends over for the movies, and post the drink recipes in the bar to share with all of the regulars celebrating there while I work. I know some of these aren't really Irish, but if one of the characters prevalent throughout the majority of the story is, than I'll take it.

MUSIC
Dropkick Murphys (Youtube Channel)
Flogging Molly (Drunken Lullabies - Youtube)
The Young Dubliners (Youtube Channel)
Ireland - Legally Blonde (The Musical)
Celtic Woman - Concert (Youtube)

MOVIES
Boondock Saints - IMDb
Leap Year - IMDb
August Rush - IMDb

Recipes
Irish Cheddar-Whiskey Fondue
20 Festive St Patty's Cocktails

No comments:

Post a Comment